Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mega Morsels


I was really craving a dark chocolate chip cookie.  The unfortunate part was I didn't have enough chips to make a batch.  And I wasn't about to make a store run!  Then I remembered a cookie my sisters and I created years ago.  It uses many different kinds of chips. I had those chips in my freezer so I was ready to bake!

The result was pure deliciousness! 


Chock full of dark chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate, and butterscotch chips.  Along with some coconut and slivered almonds.





I started with this amount of "stuff".


It wasn't enough for my liking so I dumped in a bunch more!  Now this is more like it!!


Mix it all together.  It should look full of chips!


I scooped out my cookies with a big cookie scoop.  One batch made 12 cookies.
When they came out of the oven the cookies had spread quite a bit, so I used a metal cookie spatula to scoot the edges together to form round cookies.  Or, you could add a few more tablespoons of flour to the dough and it would probably eliminate the spreading!



This cookie really had it all!  They were divine! All of my favorite flavors and cooked perfectly! Slightly crispy on the edges but soft and yummy in the middle!




MEGA MORSELS


1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda

You can add whatever you wish to this dough, but here is what I added:

60% Cocao Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips
Milk Chocolate Chips
White Chocolate Chips
Butterscotch Chips
Coconut
Toasted slivered almonds
(Macadamia nuts would be good also)

I don't have amounts of the things I added.  I just dumped until it looked good, so use your best judgement! I used equal amounts of the dark, milk, and white chips, with just a splash of butterscotch chips.

Cream butter and sugars.  Add egg and vanilla.  Mix well.  Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.  Stir in extras.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  Yield: 1 dozen

If you don't wish to deal with the cookie spreading during baking, add a few tablespoons of flour to the dough.  You could bake one cookie and see how much it spreads.  If it still spreads, add a little more flour.

2 comments:

  1. I remember us creating those cookies!! Yum Yum I need to make those! I remember calling them ALL A LOAD cookies too!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts