Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tangy Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I hardly ever cook pork.  In fact this was only my third time cooking it!  This morning I was trying to find a recipe that would be quick and easy, and I found this!  Tangy Pulled Pork Sandwiches from the February/March 2010 Taste Of Home Magazine.  What made things even more fabulous, was that it cooks in the crock pot AND pork tenderloin was on sale this week at the grocery store!

So I tried it and was pleasantly surprised! It was quite tasty! The only thing was that it tasted pretty salty.  We try to eat low sodium (more heart healthy!) so next time I would probably cut the sauce in half and add a little water to the sauce.  But, if you are used to a regular sodium diet, you probably wouldn't notice it being salty at all! :) So make adjustments as you see fit!


Mmm!


Raw pork tenderloin.  I bought mine on sale for $3.99 a lb.


Mix the sauce ingredients together and pour over pork.  It's quite a bit of sauce, so that is why I figured I could easily cut it in half!


Remove pork after 4-5 hours of cooking on low in the crock pot.  


Then shred with two forks.  The meat was so tender it shredded very easily!  Then put the meat back in the sauce remaining in the crock pot. 



These are the rolls I bought.  I found them in the Walmart Bakery and they were excellent! I even warmed them like the package says :)


I served my sandwiches with Roasted Asparagus. A very yummy and simple meal! 


TANGY PULLED PORK SANDWICHES

 1 pork tenderloin (1 lb.)
1 cup ketchup
2 T. plus 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
2 T. plus 1 1/2 tsp. cider vinegar
1 T. plus 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. spicy brown mustard
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 kaiser rolls, split

Cut the tenderloin in half; place in slow cooker.  Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and pepper.  Pour over pork.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours in slow cooker or until meat is tender.  Remove meat; shred with two forks.  Return to slow cooker and heat through.  Serve on rolls.

1 comment:

Popular Posts