Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Baby Muesli


My son who is almost a year old just loves this Muesli!  The first time I made it for him he tasted it and said, "Mmm!"  I love it too! It is very fresh tasting and makes a great healthy breakfast! Eat it cold or warmed!


Just the right size for baby!



I got the recipe from this book.  It is a wonderful book! Full of great tips and information!



My precious son enjoying Baby muesli for breakfast.



BABY MUESLI


2 T. rolled oats
1 T. finely chopped dried apricots
1 1/2 tsp. raisins
1 T. ground almonds
1/4 cup apple, orange, or pineapple juice
1/2 small apple, peeled, cored, and grated

Mix together the oats, apricots, raisins, and ground almonds in the plastic bowl of a handheld electric blender.  Pour in the juice and leave to soak for 5 minutes.  When softened, blend to make a finer texture, then stir in the grated apple.

Yield:  1 baby sized portion

The book says for babies 8 months or older.

It also says you can add other fruits to this muesli such as chopped peach or banana.

Omit almonds if there is any family history of allergy in the family.

I ground up the almonds and dried apricots in my mini food processor.  I also used it to blend the finished product to a finer texture.

4 comments:

  1. i am going to have to purchase a copy of that "cookbook". :) Your baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks. best baby towels

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts