Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies

These are for DARK chocolate lovers!!

Thanks to my mom who showed me this recipe...she found it on a magazine advertisement for Ghiradelli chocolate chips.
They really are fabulous when that chocolate craving hits! (I store them in my freezer so I am ready when it does!)

I have to confess as I am writing this I had to go to my freezer and seek out one of these cookies!
It was the last one....oh dear! My emergency chocolate stash is gone!


Milk and cookies anyone?


Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies




12 ounce(s) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
11 1/2 ounce(s) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
3 eggs
1 cup(s) sugar
1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
1 cup(s) chopped walnuts

 
Directions

In double boiler over hot water, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter. In large bowl with electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir into chocolate mixture. In small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture. Gently mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts. Using a sheet of plastic wrap, form dough into two logs, each 2 inches in diameter and about 12 inches long. As dough will be quite soft, use plastic wrap to hold dough in log shape. Wrap tightly; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Heat oven to 375°F. Unwrap dough; with sharp knife, cut into 3/4-inch slices. Place slices 1 1/2 inches apart on greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.



Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until shiny crust forms on top but interior is still soft. Cool on baking sheet; store in airtight tin up to 1 week.

Yield: 24 cookies



After refrigerating, you slice the log into cookies.




Before baking.......mmm! Can't wait til they are done!




This is what they look like fresh out of the oven...a little underbaked with a shiny top.



 
The finished product!
Just gaze at that chocolatey nutty goodness!

I rate this recipe 5 out of 5 stars!

Happy Baking!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts