Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Chicken Salad Pita

I have had my eye on this recipe for a while and finally had everything on hand to make it.  

Wow, is it tasty!! 

The combination of sweet and salty is just right!   Stuffed into pita bread with some fresh spinach, it is just about perfect!  Make it and invite a few ladies for lunch and they will love you forever!




CHICKEN SALAD PITA


Chicken Salad:

4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1 1/2 cups seedless grapes, halved
1 cup chopped celery
3/4 cup sliced green onion
3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted

Dressing:

1/2 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 T. dijon mustard
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. celery salt
1/8 tsp. dry mustard
1/8 tsp. paprika

Mix dressing ingredients together and mix with chicken mixture.  Add the almonds at serving time.  Serve in pita pockets with fresh lettuce or spinach.  Mmmm!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, this looks so delicious! I will have to try this recipe out. I usually just throw stuff together to make a chicken sandwich :)
    Cilla M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chicken salad but I don't know how I would like it this way . . . I usually have it plain. 'Though it does look good! I would want to try it in a pita:)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts