I finally got a new camera!! No more blurry cell phone pictures! So, I should be updating my blog more regularly now!
This chicken may look ho-hum. The ingredient list may even look ho-hum! But just give it a try and I am quite sure you will be pleasantly surprised at how moist and how much flavor it has!
I made it for the first time several years ago. I was leafing through a cookbook, and I had all the ingredients on hand, so I gave it a whirl. I had written a note in the cookbook that it was "wonderful".
Recently I was leafing through the same cookbook and saw that note. I looked at the ingredients and thought, does this really live up to the "wonderful" I wrote down? So I decided to find out! I must say, it did indeed live up to that one word!! It is wondeful!
I prefer to make my own breadcrumbs. It is so fast and in my opinion they taste much better!
First dip the chicken in butter/lemon mixture, then in the crumbs.
Place in a pan and drizzle with remaining butter/lemon mixture! Simple as that!
The result: moist, lemony, baked chicken!
Now add some sweet potatoes and a salad and you have yourself a meal!
BAKED LEMON CHICKEN
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
(I cut my chicken breast into smaller strips, or use tenderloins if you prefer)
- In a shallow dish, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in another dish. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 179°.
- Yield: 4 servings
To make your own breadcrumbs:
Tear up any kind of bread into small pieces. Layer on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until dry. Grind in food processor until they become small crumbs. Add dried parsley, oregano, and basil. Pulse a few more times. And there you go! Seasoned breadcrumbs! If you have extra, toss em in the freezer!