Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Corny Chicken Wraps



Some days, there just isn't enough time to plan for dinner!  Then 4 o'clock comes around and you need to think of something quick!  Try this out next time that happens! (I am NOT the type of cook who plans menus ahead weeks in advance! I just can't do it!  I have tried.  So there are days when I have the "what should I make for dinner?" problem!  I know there are some of you that do plan ahead, and I marvel at that, but it's just not me!!)


 


I love these wraps! They are flavorful, very fast to prepare, and they don't call for a long list of ingredients!  You actually may have every ingredient in your house right now!




In a pan heat up frozen corn, black beans, salsa, taco seasoning and pre-cooked chicken.  I used the meat from a rotisserie chicken.




This is my favorite grocery store salsa.  The brand is La Mexicana and it is found in the produce department.  I don't know if they have it in your area, but look for it! It is excellent!



On a tortilla, put on the chicken mixture, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.  You can even mix the sour cream right into the chicken mixture right before serving. It is great both ways!




CORNY CHICKEN WRAPS

1 cup fresh or frozen corn
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup salsa (or more if needed)
2-3 cups cooked chicken, diced
1/2-1 pkg. low sodium Taco Seasoning
Cheddar cheese, shredded
sour cream
salsa for topping 
tortillas

In a saucepan heat corn, beans, salsa, taco seasoning, and chicken until heated through.  Warm tortillas in oven wrapped in foil for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.  On each tortilla layer chicken mixture, cheese, sour cream, and salsa.  

Serve with some green beans and dinner is ready! (Probably in less than 15 minutes too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts